The daily ranting of an unidentified woman

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bah humbug

Each and every year I take on the exhausting role of organizing the office Secret Santa. This being my sixth and hopefully final year at this crazy place I decided to do it one last time.

My work does Secret Santa a little bit different from the norm, because we do little gifts over a 3 week period. This could mean you get a small gift every other day, or two times a week, it is really up to the individual.

As the organizer of this lovely event I often get some very interesting comments. Below are some of my favorites from this year.

“I haven’t gotten enough gifts from my Secret Santa, I need a gift every day”

“I am not doing this next year because I hated everything I got”

“Who ever has me is cheap, all my gifts look like they are from the dollar store”

“Will you send an email to whoever has me and tell them to stop giving me gifts. I am throwing them all in the garbage anyway”

“I have gotten food every day from my Secret Santa, what do they think I am, a fat pig?”

“I don’t mean to be rude, but can we have someone else organize Secret Santa next year?”

“When does this end, I am sick of giving gifts”

“If I sign up to participate in this can I just get gifts instead of giving them?”

No comments: