The daily ranting of an unidentified woman

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chick Magnet

Weighing on the more liberal side of homosexuality, I have always felt that people can love whom ever they please as long as it doesn’t harm anyone. Saying this I have come to discover that I am some what of a magnet to the same sex.

Over the years I have had many female admirers some bordering on stalkers. At first I couldn't’t understand what it was about me that was so appealing but I now realize it is not my looks alone that cause such enthusiasts in my life. I now understand that I am just too damn friendly.

One girl, who I used to work with, actually told me that she saw a future with me her and my husband! Looking back at it I am not sure if she wanted to participate in Polygamy or if she was just clinging on so desperately to the fact that we would someday be together that she would find any way she could to make this happen.

Another girl who I see daily…constantly wants to buy me meals and has even told me she was “falling in love with me”

Yet another girl who is a friend of a friend, a girl that I see twice a year at birthday parties “finally” got the guts to ask me out. Here is the kicker….she is married…..to a man…and has a child! She actually told me that she has been attracted to me for a while, but she thought I was “hooking up” with my friend….who is also a girl. I told her I wasn’t into girls and that she should know that because I am married. Of course this whole idea was lost on her, because she is married to a man and enjoys women too.

Although I do find all of these situations very flattering, I also feel somewhat harassed. It seems that women that are attracted to women are very aggressive when it comes to finding love. Never in my dating career did I come across a man that was as persistent as these women. Even the ring on my finger doesn’t stop them. I may as well create a line of clothing that says “Heterosexual: meaning sexually oriented to persons of the opposite sex.” Although with my experience, I doubt that would even help.

No comments: