The daily ranting of an unidentified woman

Monday, September 17, 2007

The dreaded scale

There it sits....stairing up at me with its perfect sqaure self....blinking zeros....luring me to take the bate. I fight within myself, remembering the extra large breakfast I ate, that included pancakes with tons of syrup. I ponder the large Italian dinner I recently partook in, pasta, calamari, chocolate cake. Could my weekend have been filled with more calories??? I doubt it! So as I look down at the white devil sitting on my bathroom floor, I decide to turn away. Thats right! I fought temptation, and I won!
Another day perhaps, maybe tommorrow...after I starve myself for 2 or 3 hours. Maybe next week after I try the latest crash diet. Maybe next year, after I finish school. Whenever I do decide to take that dreaded plunge...it wont be today. Today is a good day. Today is the day I will feel good about myself no matter what 3 digets decide to jump up at me after the dreaded weight in.
So I sigh, squeeze into my jeans, and head down stairs for a snack. Mmmmmm....how does a brownie sound?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Go GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Scales are worthless anyway. Don't bother with it! Even when I diet and excercise it usually says I have gained weight. I just go by the way my ass looks naked. That is a sure bet on how much I have lost!